DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Electromagnetic Simulation Software Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 – 2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The electromagnetic simulation software market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
Key Market Trends
Telecommunication Sector is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
The ongoing deployment of LTE and advancements in the field of wireless connectivity technologies, such as general packet radio service (GPRS), Wi-Fi, and worldwide interoperability for microwave access (WiMax) in various fields have boosted the number of connected devices and has led to the growth of electromagnetic simulation software, as they are used to conduct high-fidelity 3-D EM simulations, analyze geometric-scale variations, perform thermomechanical stress analysis, and optimize antenna design.
- The majority of mobile network operators in mature markets are planning to upgrade into 5G in the next few years due to spectrum availability and the sheer time and costs involved in rolling out the next generation of mobile networks. Major players partner with the technology provider to speed up the process and be competitive in the telecom market.
- For instance, in February 2020, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd collaborated with US Cellular for 5G and 4G LTE network solutions. Through the agreement US Cellular, a key provider of mobile services to millions of customers across the United States, can purchase Samsung’s commercially-proven network solutions, including 5G New Radio (NR) technology, and will extend groundbreaking 4G LTE and 5G technology to its customers base, expanding in consumer and business applications.
North America to Hold a Significant Market Share
North America is considered to be one of the most advanced markets for mobile communications and MIMO technology in the world. According to the GSMA, the number of unique mobile subscribers in the United States was 281 million in 2019 and is expected to increase by up to 297 million by 2025.
- In the United States, major players, such as AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint, account for nearly 95% of all subscriptions. With most of the firms making significant investments in 5G technology, MIMO’s usage is expected to witness a surged rate of adoption in this region during the forecast period, thereby driving the market.
- Owing to such developments, the multiple input multiple output technologies in the North American region are expected to showcase a prominent position in the foreseen period. Adding to the scenario, Galtronics USA, a subsidiary of Baylin Technologies, has introduced a six-foot, 12-Port base station (macro) antenna for major North American carriers. The base station antenna supports all of the North American mid-band frequencies on eight of its ports and true 44 MIMO on the existing Cellular 850 band, LTE 700 band, and the new 600 MHz band.
- Smartphones, tablets, and AI-assisted electronics are experiencing high growth in the region. This is expected to influence the growth of the market in the region. According to the US Consumer Technology Sales and Forecast study conducted by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), the revenue generated by smartphones was valued at USD 79.1 billion and USD 77.5 billion in 2018 and 2019, respectively. Canada is also one of the largest producers of consumer electronics in the world.
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Electromagnetic Simulation Software Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Utilization of Solver Tools to Handle a Multitude of Component Shapes and Sizes
5.1.2 Increasing Applications in RF Module, MMIC, and RFIC Design
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Complexity Regarding Computationally-Intensive Processing Required by Simulators
6 METHODS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC SIMULATION
6.1 Integral or Differential Equation Solvers
6.1.1 Methods of Moments (MOM)
6.1.2 Multilevel Fast Multipole Method (MLFMM)
6.1.3 Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD)
6.1.4 Finite Element Method (FEM)
6.2 Asymptotic Techniques
6.2.1 Physical Optics (PO)
6.2.2 Geometric Optics (GO)
6.2.3 Uniform Theory of Diffraction (UTD)
6.3 Other Numerical Methods
7 RELEVANT USE-CASES AND CASE STUDIES
8 KEY APPLICATION AREAS
8.1 Antenna Design and Analysis
8.2 Mobile Device
8.3 Automotive Radar
8.5 Wireless Propagation
8.6 Other Applications
9 MARKET SEGMENTATION
9.1.1 North America
9.1.4 Rest of the World
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
11 COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
12 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
13 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7k7bc3